I made a homemade gelli plate. I had used an aluminum baking pan as the mold, and the underside had markings on it. On a whim, I turned the plate upside down and printed the markings. Then I embellished it with additional painting and stamping. In addition to the spiral rubber stamp, I used found objects. Most of the pattern came from stamping with the plastic cover on those inexpensive plastic razors. I printed the long edge of it, and turned it up to print with the end.
This piece has a sort of African-style look. This was not planned, but evolved from the shapes on the monoprint. I hope you like it!