Yesterday, I was craving for a pizza. I couldn't bake a pizza because my oven had no gas. I was searching online if I can make a pizza without baking and yes, I have found it.
I made a bolognese pizza in a frying pan today for our lunch. I have made the dough from my pizza recipe article in Hubpages where I write. The topping I used was the leftover bolognese sauce from my Fusili pasta for lunch yesterday. I don't like wasting and so I used my leftover food.
INGREDIENTS : 6 pieces
400 grams all purpose flour
250 grams warm water
1 small pack of dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons of olive oil
500 grams Bolognese sauce
3-4 pieces of tomatoes, sliced
Pizza dry herbs
Grated cheese for the topping
1. Sieve the flour and put it in the mixing bowl together with the salt.
2. Make a hole in the middle of the flour and add the warm water and the dry yeast.
3. Mix the water and yeast well in that hole.
4. Then mix them all together with olive oil by using your hand until the dough is soft and shiny.
5. Let it stay for at least an hour before forming the pizza crust.
6. After an hour or 2, make a pizza crust in a floured board.
7. By using a fork, make holes in the pizza crust dough.
8. Heat a frying pan in a low heat and brush the olive oil in it.
9. Put the pizza crust in the heated pan until brown. Then turn the brown side up and spread the Bolognese sauce topping, tomato slices, pizza dry herbs and grated cheese.
10. Cover the pizza with the lid of the pan. The moisture melts the cheese topping.
Each pizza is about 10-15 minutes cooking time. It is ready when the cheese melted. Serve pizza with anything you like to drink with. I prefer red wine if I have.
Bolognese sauce recipe will follow soon. Thanks for reading☺
Copyright 2016, All Rights Reserved by Thelma Alberts
Here's a link to my Filipino style pizza. Enjoy!