Tocino is a Filipino food made of pork, beef or chicken meat and is serve for breakfast. As I mostly don´t eat so hearty food for breakfast, so I make Tocino for lunch or for dinner.
Sometimes, I just buy a Tocino Mix in an Asian market in Germany or when I am in my home country in the Philippines. Just add the Tocino Mix in the bowl of washed meat, mix it and marinate for a few hours or over night in the fridge. Using a Tocino Mix is just an option.
Hereś how I make my Chicken Tocino:
1 half kilo chicken breast, cut in a desired size
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoon Heinz tomato catchup
oil for frying
salt and white or black pepper powder to taste.
How I do it:
1. Wash the chicken meat and pat dry with a kitchen paper.
2. Mix the brown sugar, pineapple juice, tomato catchup, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Add the chicken meat to the pineapple juice mixture. Mix them well.
4. Cover the bowl of the meat mixture and let it stay overnight in the refrigerator or a few hours before frying.
5. Fry in the frying pan until golden brown.
6. Serve the Chicken Tocino with boiled or fried rice.
You can add a bit brown sugar, pineapple juice, salt and pepper for your own taste. This Chicken Tocino recipe is created with my own taste and so it might not be sweet or tangy enough for you. Enjoy cooking!
Copyright 2016, All Rights Reserved by Thelma Alberts